Which one of these kids in not like the other?
|Yep I am the baby!|
Yep, I grew up in sunny California as practically an albino. My siblings convinced me I was adopted. They were "peppers" and I was a "salt." They baked to a nice mahogany and I burned and burned. One of my clearest memories were the yearly extreme sunburns and my mom applying cloths, vinegar, and fans as I tried to sleep on cool sheets with agonizing blisters on my shoulders...followed by peeking!
As a true native California, I tried to bake in the sun growing up. By my teen years, I would get 2nd degree burns and yes, to my horror, I damaged my skin so bad that it peeled for over a year. I never wore sunscreen. My goodness, my sisters were the Crisco tan on the roof types. I only did the aloe after care.
Fast forward to when I hit thirty, and the wrinkles were hitting, I immediately started a skin care regiment that included daily sunscreen. Especially with skin cancer in my family, I didn't care if I ever had pigment on my skin again. So not worth it.
Now that I live in gloomy Seattle, I wish for the sun...but don't miss it's damaging rays. My goodness, my pup died od skin cancer living up here. Sniffle!!
So I continue the sunscreen--despite my Vitamin D deficiency -because I don't want to be that wrinkled leathery old baseball mitt of a mom and I especially want to be around to see my future grandkids. Back to purely healthy looking skin, I think my efforts paid off the other day when a Facebook friend was shocked at the picture of my teen son with facial hair. She apparently thought I was...wait for it...in my mid-twenties!!
|Holy crap! How could I be 40 and take pics with no make up!|
But hey, this mom will take any compliment she can get!!
So I was excited with the prospects of reviewing an organic sunscreen through Leah Segedie and Mamavation. It dawned on me that I don't use chemicals on my garden. I glory in the ladybugs, bumble bees, and dragonflies that abound in my flowers.
|A few crows feet? I earned them, but cancer and liver spots? No thanks!!|
So why was I putting chemicals on my skin? Daily on my skin??
And why on earth was I putting them on my babies? Yes, you see...I now have two salts and a pepper.
|It's hard to believe they were ever this small!!|
This is where Goddess Garden comes in. They have a broad spectrum adult, baby, and children's sunscreen, both at SPF 30, that is 94% organic. Created by a mom for her daughter, the sunscreens are free of chemical sunscreens, biodegradable, and even with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, totally sheer!!
|We tried these two out. Sprayed out white, but faded to sheer!|
Currently, it has the highest organic ingredient content available on the market!
Some interesting information that as parents we should know that Mamavation provided me:
- Goddess Garden has a full selection of organic sunscreens without Vitamin A or other toxic ingredients. A couple of things you may want to note: Conventional brands are full of chemicals that are linked to cancer and can be toxic.Check out the worst brands here.
- Vitamin A in sunscreens have been linked to speeding up cancer development such as melanoma, Ironic, huh?
- Sunscreens without zinc or titanium contain an average of 4 times as many high hazard ingredients known or strongly suspected to cause cancer, birth defects, disrupt human reproduction, damage the growing brain of a child
- Goddess Garden sunscreens are made from 82% organic materials and have no vitamin A or other cancer causing substances
- Goddess Garden is also the only organic toxic free sunscreen that also comes with a spray nozzle for convenience.
|40 and at Prom...Mom Prom That is! I want to keep this skin fair!|
Just tell me your own experience with sunscreen growing up!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Full Disclosure: Except for product to review, I was not compensated for this post and as always my reviews are 100% my own opinions!