I thought it was fitting to thank all the troops on this 4th of July who are making the ultimate sacrifice:
- It is THE soldier, not the journalist that has given us freedom of the press.
- It is the soldier, not the politician or war protestor, that has given us freedom of speech.
- It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to demonstrate.
- It is the soldier, not the attorney who has given us the right to free trial.
- It is the soldier who salutes the flag, fights under the flag, and is draped with the flag upon death, who protects the right to burn that same flag.
Remember, your freedom is not free. It is paid for dearly by those who serve our country. Regardless of your views of the Iraqi war, let us respect and honor their sacrifice:
Happy 231st Birthday America!