Yep, it's coming to Seattle this week-end.
Chocolate lovers, en garde! This mama is going to be covering the event. In fact, word on the street is she might even be a judge. CLOSE THE FRONT DOOR! This is a foodie's dream and one of many reasons I love my job.
Want more details?
6th Annual Seattle CHOCOLATE SALON, the premier chocolate event in the Northwest returns this Sunday, May 5, 2013.
Chocolate aficionados, fanatics, lovers and addicts can taste & experience the finest in artisan, gourmet & premium chocolate in one of the world's great culinary metropolitan areas.
Seattle CHOCOLATE SALON participants in 2013 include chocolatiers, confectioners and other culinary artisans.
Salon highlights include chocolate tasting, demonstrations, chef & author talks and ongoing interviews by TasteTV's Chocolate Television program.
Salon Entry includes all chocolate & confection tastings including these new products:
- Taza - 87% bar - The darkest chocolate they make. Nutty, floral, and incredibly intense 100% USDA certified organic.
- CocoTutti -Tea infusions: Assam, Rooibos and Yunnan - richly flavored, colorful chocolates featuring teas from India, South Africa and China.
- The Chocolate Shop - Sparkling Chocolate Wine - Chocolate Shop wine made in a delicious champagne style
- Forte Chocolates - Caramel with Rosemary and Orange and Chipotle Caramel with Orange
- Gusto Chocolates - All new product line - All of the Gusto bars are new to the salon. Gusto is a new division of Forte Chocolates focusing on the savory side of chocolate. Bars offered include: Lemon Pepper, Rosemary Sea Salt, Balsamic Vinegar, Bacon, Milk Sea Salt, and Honey. I've had these and they are AWESOME!!
- The Tea Room Chocolate Company - Lapsang Souchong w/ Himilayan Salt Chocolate Bar - organic dark chocolate bar of 60% cacao infused w/ organic Lapsang Suchong tea & Himilayan Salt.
They had me at chocolate? My local Seattle friends, would you like to join me? You know that laundry or lawn mowing can wait. Make it a chocolate dream date. In fact, bring the whole family--they have great ticket prices for kids. You can get tickets here.