Samsung's Showcase French Door Refrigerator: Better Family Living @BestBuy @Samsungtweets #masteryourhome #ad
|Isn't she a beauty?|
My friends? Let's be cool and talk reefers. Yep, the pretty awesome kind. The kind that foodies like me drool over. Yes, the fancy ones like this gorgeous Samsung Showcase French Door Refrigerator we droool over at Best Buy.
I literally spit out my coffee when I saw the email that Best Buy has chosen me to review their fridge. Seriously me? You picked me! Then it came. So purty on the outside, but a little different than I was used to on the inside.
|For the record? I love my job!|
I won't lie as shiny and perfect on the outside was, the adjustment took a little longer on the inside. I was used to a side-by-side which compartmentalized EVERYTHING whereas this fridge had vast swaths of space.
Soooo much space...
This OCD girl -- with a fridge routine and everything with a designated place-- had to really rethink everything. So much space.
What my veggies don't go in the bottom of the fridge?
Beverages go inside the door and not on the top shelf?
It took some getting used to, but when I got it right? OH my!
My friends, everything healthy is front and center.
|Massive amounts of fruit, veggies and meats? Here we come!|
The exterior showcase stored our beverages, milk for the kids, butter, open pet foods, and even snacks while the inner case took the bulk of my meals building blocks.
And I am not joking about bulk. We are a family of three teens and competitive swimmers!
Veggies, fruits, and proteins right there at eye level with any bottles and processed stuff pushed off to doors and sides.
|French Door Filled With Beverages & More|
A clear directive for my family to live and eat even cleaner.
Need a sauce? How easy is it to make it yourself rather than have a Costco quart of it? Better yet, toss it with fresh lemon or avocado oil with a sprinkle of sea salt. Really taste your ingredient!
I fell more and more in love. It puts fresh up front!
The lighting? Oh that lighting!! It made green veggies, purple grapes, bright carrot, and red peppers gleam like jewels. The large bottom shelf could fit three watermelons or two turkeys if I wanted.
No more cramming and hoping the door would close.
|Come to Mama!|
- Dual Door Refrigerator: An innovative two-door design gives my family easy access to on-the-go-items with a metal cooling-stainless steel paneling. The paneling helps maintain consistent temperatures so you know your milk and easily spoiled items are safe! Even cooler? The show case door with door-in-door storage displays and allows easy reach to regularly used items.
- Door Alarm: Alerts you when the refrigerator door is accidentally left open to save energy. Yes every mom needs one of these!! Especially for kids that just stand there and stare....and stare...and stare! Arrgh! Teens, this alarm will finally catch you!!
- Thru-the door ice and water dispenser: It offers super filtered water and clear, crisp ice with a child lock that helps prevent unsupervised use.
- Digital Controls: Love these!! Gorgeous touch-screen controls! Behind that purty control panel is a twin cooling system which allows simple temperature management. Power freeze and power cool options are especially cool after spending some time loading the fridge after a big grocery trip. Blast those veggies and frozen fruit for smoothies!
- High-efficiency LED lighting: This!! I cannot tell what a big difference this makes. No more yellow, duly light corners of the fridge where celery goes to die. Nope! Bright, modern glow everywhere. So much easier to locate food items.
Keeping it real, there are a couple minor things I would improve for future models. My kids were used to water and ice come the same hole in the fridge. This dispernser has water angled to hit back of the glass and ice to drop a couple inches back. End result? Quite a few spills with a smaller than before drip tray which means this mama has had to wipe up drips while she waits for those teens to figure out the new system. Still? The filter water is waaaay better than our old fridge and we love our ice. We just need to train the kids to take their time.
Also some of the shelves on the left door and in the freezer are pretty narrow and oddly angled compared to traditional square shelf, so finding items that fit will be a challenge. We have put a couple smaller bottles of salad dressing there. Others with larger bottles might find that space wasted.
Guess what that means to me? Less processed! Ha! Still these are minor futzes that would make a great fridge even better!
Did I forget the freezer? Silly me! With a top drawer that slides, it's perfect for bags of frozen fruits for smoothie and veggies. Below is plenty of room to put anything from a1/4 of a cow to pizza boxes. Ha! Ours was filled with proteins, our chilling ice cream machine bowl, and so much more.
As for that less processed trend? These meals below are just from the last two weeks! Notice something?
The fresh produce and protein are the stars!
|My grazing plate one day: Breakfast, Lunch & Snack All in One|
|Cider and Carrots? The perfect snack!|
|A little avocado with my sausage?|
|My hubs marinated asparagus? All mine!|
|Salad days are over? I hope not!|
|So much fuel for Bento boxes!!|
|Pepper, and onions, and eggs oh my!|
|Eat your greens!|
|Bacon, with greens wilted in bacon drippings on a bed of mashed cauliflower "potatoes?" Yes, please!|
|Can you ever go wrong with brightly colored fruits and veggies in kids' lunches?|
Overall? Three weeks later? We are still loving our fridge. I've found we truly are eating healthier and I've started to lose weight again. Woot!! More importantly, I feel better as a mom getting back to clean eating with my family with the Samsung French Door Showcase Refrigerator as a fantastic help!
Definitely better living with Best Buy With Cleaner Eating with Samsung!
|Yes, even the dogs I watch are eating better!|
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. As always, all opinions are what I honestly feel and 100% my own.